London did a great job. I loved the part with all of the children's literature :)
How to survive party filled weekends!
- Burn to Earn - Plan some extra workouts during the week so that you have a little more wiggle room for the weekend festivities. Do these workouts in advanced instead of having to play catch up.
- Pre-Party Snack - Never go to a party starving. Have a small snack before you go so that you don't end up cannon-balling into the cocktail weenies!
- Location, Location, Location! - Do not stand or sit next to the food or the bar! The food looks a little more interesting and your wine glass always seems to be full when your sitting right next to the cornucopia.
- Bring your own healthy options - You cannot rely on others to think about your diet when they are planning their event. Bring a healthy side dish so that you can have some lean meat, your side dish and some veggies to fill your plate. I also try and bring my own alcohol options such as wine or gluten-free hard apple cider. I have been enjoying some Angry Orchard Crisp Apple!
- Get active at the party - Don't just sit like a bump on a log and stuff your gut, get up and keep moving. If your at the beach, pick up a frisbee or a boogie board. If your at a dinner event, get out on the dance floor and cut a rug. Just keep an eye out for fun ways to burn some extra calories!