Daylight savings time has given us an extra hour of daylight in the mornings and taken one away from us in the evenings. This should be even more reason to squeeze in your daily exercise before you start your day.
Besides providing a greater chance of getting a workout in, due to less distractions, morning workouts provide you with time to mentally prepare yourself for your day and to focus on your goals, fitness and life goals alike. The only going stopping you is hitting the snooze button and missing out on the opportunity to get your blood pumping before you tackle your day. Here are some quick and easy tips to help you get out of bed and into your sneakers or onto your yoga mat.
- Sleep in your workout clothes, or at least in part of them.
- Prepare your workout gear (yoga mat, gym bag, iPod) before you go to bed.
- Set your coffee maker to start brewing when your alarm goes off.
- Pre-plan your breakfast.
- Go to bed earlier to ensure your rested.
- Recruit a partner (or a trainer) to meet you early in the am.
- Sign up for a morning WOD or group exercise class.
- Set your alarm to play upbeat music.
- Start with a good long stretch.
- Post a pic on a social media site to give you some extra motivation #riseandgrind & #thinminpt