One of the easiest ways that I fall off of my healthy living plan is when "I'm too busy to eat healthy". This should really be translated into "I'm too lazy to plan ahead".
Today I start working part-time for my old boss doing some copy writing and marketing. I am excited to reconnect with her company and absorb as much as possible. However, this will make three jobs! In addition to trying to grow my personal training business (and this blog), I have also been working at a restaurant 4-5 nights a week. Let me tell you... restaurant hours combined with personal training hours make for a dozy of a crazy schedule and if I don't plan my meals ahead I end up having dinner rolls dipped in blue cheese dressing for dinner. Not good. Well, delicious, but not good for my rear end ;)
Before, I had time in the middle of my day to eat lunch and make something for dinner, but now many days of the week I will be gone all day, so I have to plan ahead!
- Breakfast before my training clients - a smoothie with - frozen blueberries, a banana, coconut milk, chia seeds, and frozen coffee ice cubes (simply left over coffee poured into ice cube trays).
- Snack #1 - an Orange and some cinnamon almonds.
- Lunch - Quinoa with veggies (this time I used zucchini, onions, red peppers and garlic; simply because thats what I had).
- Snack #2 - Wholly Guacamole and Tostitos
- Snack #3 - Barney Butter Almond Butter and Strawberries
- Dinner at the restaurant - Meal replacement shake***
*** I am not usually a fan of protein powders and/or meal replacement products because I believe you can get everything your body needs from real food, however I am going to give some a try this week and see how I like them. My lunch box needs to be a lot bigger to fit another meal in it!! If I like the product I've chosen I will let you know.
The fact of the matter is, I will not maintain my current level of health, nor will I trim down any more unless I take the time to make sure I have the proper foods at reach.
Rule #1 about losing/maintaining weight = YOU CANNOT OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET!!
Learn it and live it :) Happy Monday.