Now, I am going to have to say that if you are going to get sick, during the Olympics isn't a bad time. There was always something entertaining to watch :) This down time also gave me time to think about the future, so I decided to post some of my goals to A) entice others to think about their goals and to B) keep me accountable to these goals. These are a few goals that I hope to accomplish by the end of 2012.
Blogging Goals -
- Consistently blog 3x per week
- Comment on other blogs 1x per week
- Add Recipes to Mint Condition - Take pics of food!!
- Get with Google - Analytics, Adsense, and so forth.
- Have a Guest Blogger
Fitness Goals -
- Train and Run a Race with my Bestie, Kim
- Complete a CrossFit WOD (Workout of the Day) as Prescribed = Rx
- Complete a Yoga Pike Press Handstand (See Video Below)
- Conquer DUs (Double Unders)
Career Goals -
- Start Personal Training again
- Finish Yoga Certification
- Possibly turn this blog into a part-time job :)
Personal Goals -
- Finish making our House a Home! (Front and back porch; Guest Bedroom; Office Wall; Living-room)
- Have an Herb garden on the front porch
- Pay a big chunk of my student loan :(
More on how I plan to accomplish these goals on another post!
I went in to work for half of a day today, which was a good idea because I had a lot of stuff to catch up on. After work I was excited to get in a Rooftop Yoga class. I bought a Groupon awhile back for Rooftop Yoga, but due to the lovely weather here in Florida, a bunch have been cancelled because of heavy rain. I was even more excited because my friend Mandi was meeting me at Yoga!
As I was getting ready for yoga I noticed a sad puppy, so I took Miss Piggy for walk around the neighborhood!
Ryans Favorite Dinner
I have found healthy versions of the breaded chicken, and of course the green beans are good, but a fast & healthy mac and cheese, I have not found yet. I will have to do some research on this, unitl then the oh so unhealthy box kind will have to do :/ Does anyone know of a good recipe?
For the breaded chicken I mixed up an egg wash (one egg and a little water) and a homemade "shake n bake". I put some homemade whole wheat bread crumbs, cumin, garlic salt, and chili pepper in a big Ziploc bag and tossed it all around. I then dipped the chicken breast into the egg wash and then into the bag mix and covered the chicken completely in the bread crumb mix. Once they were covered, I put them on a baking sheet and cooked for about 18 minutes @ 350 degrees.
Here is a clip of a Yoga Pike Press Handstand. Maybe by the end of the year, I will have a video of me doing this!!